|2019-12-17||Ongoing||Professor||DoMS, IIT Roorkee|
|2014-04-04||5 years 8 months 12 days||Associate Professor||DoMS, IIT Roorkee|
|2008-07-01||5 years 9 months 2 days||Assistant Professor||DoMS, IIT Roorkee|
|2021-06-02||Ongoing||Joint Professor||Department of Design, IIT Roorkee|
|2018-05-18||Ongoing||Professor-in-Charge, Placement and Internship, IIT Roorkee||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee|
|2008-05-01||10 years||Held the post for Incharge of Placements for Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee for 10 years||Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee|
|2006-11-01||7 months||Associate Dean College of Management and Economic Studies||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun|
|2007-07-01||1 month||Associate Professor||IMT, Ghaziabad|
|2001-09-01||5 years 1 month 12 days||Assistant Professor and Head Department||SRMCEM, Lucknow|
|1999-12-01||1 year 8 months 30 days||Director Business Development||Spectrum InfoSolutions, Lucknow|
|1995-01-01||4 years||Senior Executive Communications||Dainik Jagran, Lucknow|
Honors and Awards
|Noël Deerr Gold Medal||Sugar Technologists Association of India||2014|
|Noël Deerr Gold Medal||Sugar Technologists Association of India||2013|
|PhD||Marketing (Business Opportunity Development)||U.P.Technical University||2006|
|MBA||Business Administration||Philippine Christian University Manila||1994|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Topic||Funding Agency||Start Date||Period|
|Socio-Economic Value Creation through Forest Bio-Residue Based Energy Generation with UN's SDGs||Ministry of Environ-ment and Forests GOI||2019-04||Ongoing|
|Domestic Violence & Formulation of its Preventive Measures in the Regions of Uttarakhand||ICSSR||2018-01||2 years 2 months|
|Corporate Spirituals||FIG-A IIT Roorkee||2009-01||2 years 4 months|
|Outcome review and evaluation study of CSS NIAM Jaipur||CSS NIAM Jaipur, Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India||2017-04||5 months|
|Socio and Commercialization aspect of Forest Bio-Residue Briquetting Machine||Dept. of Forest, Govt. of Uttarakhand||2018-05||11 months|
- NAPSIPAG (Network of Asia Pacific Schools and Institutes of Public Administration and Governance), Founding Member
- Human Development and Capability Association, (HDCA), USA , Member
- ISOL Global Foundation, Member of Executive Committee
- North Indian Sugar Technologists’ Association, Member of the Board
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Strategic Management||BM 605||Master of Business Administration||Autumn|
|Integrated Marketing Communication/Promotion Strategy (Other B-Schools)||BM 664||Master of Business Administration||Autumn|
|Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Business Models (Shared Subject)||IBM 308||B.Tech||Autumn|
|Product and Brand Management/ As Brand Management in other B-Schools||BM||Master of Business Administration||Spring|
|Sales and Distribution Management||BM||Master of Business Administration||Spring|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|Marketing framework with reference to different ethnicities and religiosities||Farhan Mustafa||O||2018-01|
|Climate change mitigation through management of pine forest bio residue in N-W Himalayas||Kapil Joshi||A||2015-10|
|Conceptualizing and measuring value co-creation for the bottom of the pyramid marketing in India.||Kumkum Bharti||A||2015-10|
|Study and Analysis of Health Care Supply Chain Performance with CRM Considerations||Vijay Kumar Sharma||O||2017-01|
|A Study of Evolving Perspectives of Rural Markets||Anita Sengar||A||2014-09|
|Post Graduate Management Education in India: Growth, Relevance and Direction||Ritika Mahajan||A||2014-09|
|A study of Supply Chain of PDS in Uttarakhand region||Pradosh Singhal||A||2016-09|
|Analysis of sustainable supply chain management practices in Indian manufacturing industries||Kottala Sriyogi||A||2012-08|
|A Study of Organizational Evidence of Gandhian Management Perspective with special reference to BHEL||Shashi Kant||A||2019-10|
|Study of e-Applications in the Supply Chain System of Sugar Industry of Uttar Pradesh||Rupesh Kumar||A||2012-08|
|Value realization in marketing theory: An ancient Indian perspective||Sumit Mishra||O||2013-01|
|An Empirical Study of Effects of ICT enabled Business Development Opportunities on the 'Capability'||Piyush Seth||A||2011-11|
|Study of Credit Experiences of Farmers Household in Vidharbha Region of India||Asha Upvanshi||A||2011-11|
|Branding Ayurveda||Manvi Goel||O||2019-01|
National International Collaboration
|Member Project team for developing dynamic case studies on Co-Creating Social Entrepreneurship sponsored by Danish Government, jointly conducted with Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, IIT Roorkee, IMT Ghaziabad and FGV Brazil.||Copenhagen Business School, Denmark|
Instructional tasks- Have delivered workshops and trained around 5000 Faculty Members and Corporate Executives including Corporate Leaders on Innovations, Design Thinking, Spirituality and Market Opportunity Development.
Process development- Development of Low-Cost Energy-based Value Chain through a Briquette Machine Innovation This machine is being developed as a tool for propelling Social entrepreneurship where villagers living in and around the forest area may adopt briquette making from the harmful Pine needles and may earn a livelihood option. This will also save the forest of Uttarakhand from the disaster of forest fire as the forest floor will be devoid of inflammable dry and Pine needles spread over a large area.
Innovation in teaching- A course on NPTEL: Innovation, Business Models and Entrepreneurship (Around 9000 enrollments in two consecutive sessions and 90% feedback ) Link- https://nptel.ac.in/courses/110/107/110107094/
1- Affordability for the Poor and Profitability for the Provider.
2- A chapter on Rural Marketing in Principles of Marketing by Philip Kotler, Armstrong, Agnihotri and Haque, published by Pearson India, 13th edition.
3- Master's Speak on Management Education in India published by Bloomsbury India .
Refereed Journal Papers
- Joshi, K., Sharma, V., & Mittal, S. (2015). Social entrepreneurship through forest bio residue briquetting: An approach to mitigate forest fires in pine areas of Western Himalaya, India. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 51, 1338-1344.
- Madan, P., Sharma, V., & Seth, P. (2016). Capability’ development through ICT enabled business opportunity development model of e-choupal. Journal of Business Economics and Management, 17(2), 314-330.
- Joshi, K.K., Sharma, V. (2015). An interpretative account of voyages to address climate change under United Nations framework convention on climate change: Gradual development of policies- prospects and protests. Ecology, Environment and Conservation, 2(2). 957-967.
- Bharti, K., Agrawal, R., & Sharma, V. (2015). Literature review and proposed conceptual framework. International Journal of Market Research, 57(4), 571-604.
- Bharti, K., Agrawal, R., & Sharma, V. (2014). What drives the customer of world's largest market to participate in value co-creation? Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 32(4), 413-435.
- Sengar, A., Sharma, V., Agrawal, R., & Bharti, K. (2014). Prioritisation of barriers to rural markets: Integrating fuzzy logic and AHP. International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets, 6(4), 371-394.
- Mahajan, R., Agrawal, R., Sharma, V., & Nangia, V. (2016). Analysis of challenges for management education in India using total interpretive structural modelling. Quality Assurance in Education, 24(1), 95-122.
- Mahajan, R., Agrawal, R., Sharma, V., & Nangia, V. (2014). Identification and modelling of winners and qualifiers for management institutes: Evidence from India. International Journal of Management in Education, 9(1), 70-91.
- Mahajan, R., Agrawal, R., Sharma, V., & Nangia, V. (2014). Factors affecting quality of management education in India: An interpretive structural modelling approach. International Journal of Educational Management, 28(4), 379-399.
- Joshi, K. K., Sharma, V. (2016). A study on passages to global climate change financing: Funding for a greener earth. Indian Forester, 142(2), 112-120.
- Kant, S., Chandra, P., Sharma, V., & Agrawal, R. (2018). Gandhian management perspective for enhancing productivity and innovation in public sector organization. International Journal of Intelligent Enterprise, 6(1), 92-119.
- Mishra, S., & Sharma, V. (2018). Developing ambidexterity in children: Understanding social change through the social marketing framework. The Indian Journal of Social Work, 79(3), 327-350.
- Nath, V., Agrawal, R., Gautam, A., & Sharma, V. (2017). Antecedents of green purchase intentions: A review and testing of hypothesis on Indian consumers. International Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development, 16(3), 297-314.
- Sharma, V., Seth, P., & Niyazi, S. (2012). Capability enhancement of women through information technology to reduce poverty, inequality and radical feminism. International Journal of Asian Business and Information Management (IJABIM), 3(1), 1-10.
- Kumar, R., Agrawal, R., & Sharma, V. (2015). IT enablement in sugar supply chain: an approach for farmers. International Journal of Business Performance and Supply Chain Modelling, 7(4), 360-381.
- Nath, V., Kumar, R., Agrawal, R., Gautam, A., & Sharma, V. (2014). Impediments to adoption of green products: An ISM analysis. Journal of Promotion Management, 20(5), 501-520.
- Kumar, R., Agrawal, R., & Sharma, V. (2013). E-applications in Indian agri-food supply chain: Relationship among enablers. Global business review, 14(4), 711-727.
- Nath, V., Kumar, R., Agrawal, R., Gautam, A., & Sharma, V. (2013). Consumer adoption of green products: Modelling the enablers. Global business review, 14(3), 453-470.
- Mani, V., Agrawal, R., & Sharma, V. (2016). Impediments to social sustainability adoption in the supply chain: An ISM and MICMAC analysis in Indian manufacturing industries. Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, 17(2), 135-156.
- Mani, V., Agrawal, R., & Sharma, V. (2015). Social sustainability in the supply chain: Analysis of enablers. Management Research Review, 38(9), 1016-1042.
- Dewangan, D. K., Agrawal, R., & Sharma, V. (2017). Enablers of eco-innovation to enhance the competitiveness of the Indian manufacturing sector: An integrated ISM-fuzzy MICMAC approach. International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, 13(4), 475-501.
- Sharma, V. (2019). “Case Analysis- Daikin India:Paradise Lost”. Vikalpa, 44(3), 124-126.
- Sengar, A., Sharma, V., & Agrawal R. (2017). Market development through integrating value chains – a case of Patanjali Food and Herbal Park. Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, 7(4), 1-22.
- Sengar A., Sharma V., Agrawal R., Jain N., & Jain, P. (2016). A case study of Patanjali Ayurved Ltd - Offering consumer products with ‘a blue ocean strategy. Case Centre, Reference No. 316-0428-1.
- Sharma, V. (2011). Think people’s development- Focus on means- build trust- Do business forever- A case study on the strategic development of TATAs as an organization and their contribution in the societal and national development. European Case Clearing House posted on www.ecch.com.
- Nangia, V. K., Agarwal, R., Sharma, V., & Reddy, K. S. (2011). Conglomerate diversification through cross-continent acquisition: Vedanta weds Cairn India. Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, 1(1), 1-15.
- Nangia, V. K., Agrawal, R. & Sharma, V. (2013). Faridabad Small Industries Association (FSIA): Role model for MSME association, European Case Clearing House (ECCH) Case No. 213-031-1 and Teaching notes, 213-031-8.
- Nangia, V. K., Agrawal, R. & Sharma, V. (2013). Integrated Association of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises of India (I am SME of India): Making of an Institution. European Case Clearing House (ECCH), Case No. 213-032-1 and Teaching notes, 213-032-8.
- Nangia, V. K., Agrawal, R., Sharma, V. & Arora, S. (2011). Supplier buyer relationship and revival-An important stage between decline and turnaround-The Case of Jauss Polymers. European Case Clearing House (ECCH), Case No. 311-2618.
- Sharma, V., & Agrawal R. (2011). “Case Analysis- Tata Gold Plus: The success story of the ‘Nano’ of the jewellery market”. Vikalpa, 36(3), 140-141.
Selected Conference Papers:
- Sharma, V., Agrawal, R., Joshi, K. K., & Mishra, H. S. (2018). Urbanization and the question of clean energy and clean transport. Paper selected and included in the annual conference HDCA (Human Development and Capability Association), Argentina.
- Sharma, V., Agrawal, R., Mishra, H. S., & Kar, S. (2018). Social exclusion in an urbanizing world. Paper selected and included in the annual conference of the HDCA (Human Development and Capability Association), Argentina.
- Sharma, V., Mishra, H. S, Joshi, K. K., & Agrawal, R. (2016). Disasters, diversity, disparity, discrimination and vulnerability. Paper presented at the annual conference of the HDCA, (Human Development and Capability Association) Tokyo.
- Sharma, V., Sengar, A., Agrawal, R., & Bharti, K. (2016). Values based business ethics along the entire value chain-a demonstration of the definition of marketing. In 2016 Global Marketing Conference at Hong Kong.
- Sengar, A., Agrawal, R., Sharma, V., & Bharti, K. (2016). Modelling the drivers for rural (emerging) markets: A case of India. In 2016 Global Marketing Conference at Hong Kong
- Sharma, V. (2015). Nameless submission for responsible value chains. Paper presented at International Ramayana Conference, organized by Indus Business Academy, Bangalore, India December 18-19, 2015.
- Sharma, V., Joshi, K., & Agrawal, R. (2015). Mobility for aspirations while aspiring for not moving-Understanding aspirations and mobility of the forest users and the dwellers of the north-western Himalayan region of India. Accepted in the annual conference of the HDCA.
- Sharma, V., & Joshi, K. (2014). Climate change mitigation. Paper presented at 11th International Annual Conference on Asian Governance: Paradoxes of Development organized by NAPSIPAG at Dhanbari, Bangladesh. (December 5-7, 2014).
- Bharti, K., Agrawal, R., and Sharma, V. (2014). A Vedic view on the evolution of bottom of the pyramid in ancient India and role of marketers in its disintegration. VFIMBi-Annual International Journal, 6(2), 22-31.
- Bharti, K., Sharma, V., and Agrawal, R. (2013). Ability, willingness and information & communication technology: Means to uplift bottom of the pyramid. International Conference on Research in Marketing, organized by Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. (21-22 December, 2013). Springer Publication. (ISBN No.: 978-1-63041-998-1).
- Sharma, V., and Joshi, K. (2013). Nature reclaims: Locked in growth patterns- revisiting land, water and disasters on the banks of ganga in the hills of Uttarakhand. 10th International Annual Conference on Locked in growth patterns: Revisiting Land, Water and Disasters for the Post 2015 Developmental Agenda organized by NAPSIPAG at JNU, New Delhi. (December 7-9, 2013).
- Sharma, V., & Joshi, K. (2013). Leadership in bio-diversity conservation. Paper presented at the 9th International Annual Conference on Leadership Land and Local Resource Management at the Eve of the MDG Deadline of 2015 organized by Network of Asia Pacific Schools and Institutes of Public Administration and Governance (NAPSIPAG) at Eco Ashram, Dehradun. (June 20-22, 2013).
- Kumar, R., Nath, V., Agrawal, R. & Sharma, V. (2013). IT improves supply chain performance of sugar industry: A regression method approach. Annual Convention of The Sugar Technologists' Association of India, held at Lucknow (Sep 26-28, 2013). (ISBN: 81-85871-74-4).
- Sharma, V., Aggarwal, R., Sengar, A., Mahajan, R., & Bharati, K. (2012). Vertical business integration: A logical prospective evolutionary step for sugar industry in India. Proceedings from 71st Annual Convention & Sugar Expo, The Sugar Technologists of India at Hyderabad (September 24-26), pp. 626-634 (ISBN No: BI-85871-71-X) (Adjudged as the Best Paper).
- Sharma, V. (2012). Profitable Marketing through Affordability and Public Spiritual Partnership-A Case of Health Care Marketing and Market Development to achieve Health for All. Eurasia Business and Economic Society Conference, 13-14 January 2012, Antalya, Turkey.
- Nangia, V.K., Sharma, V., and Mahajan, R. (2012). Quality of Post Graduate Management Education in India-An Agenda for Research. Proceedings from 1st World Summit on Accreditation (WOSA-2012) (Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd.) (ISBN No: 978-81-924-3024-9), National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi, on 25-28 March, 2012, pp. 233-251.
- Sharma, V., and Sengar, A. (2012). Marketing meaning of rural marketing. International conference in marketing, organized by Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow.
- Sharma, V. (2010). Health for All through Affordability and Profitability with Public Spiritual Partnership. Annual Conference of NAPSIPAG, Network of Asia Pacific Schools and Institutes of public Administration and Governance, Kerala, India, on 10-14 December 2010.
- Sharma, V. (2009). Entrepreneurial Tatas-The Elites who preferred public interest. International Conference of United Nations University, World Institute of Development Economics Research, Finland, 12-13 June, 2009.
- Sharma, V. (2008). Effective public private partnership through e-Governance / facilitation. 6th International Conference on E-Governance, ICEG 2008, organized by IIT Delhi, 18 - 20 December, 2008.
- Sharma, V. (2008). Transparency and Efficiency, A case based first hand analysis of the transparent and efficient conduction of Health Care Services of Kumbh Mela. NAPSIPAG (Network of Asia-Pacific Schools and Institutes of Public Administration and Governance) Annual Conference, organised by Centre for Studies in Law and Governance, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 5-7 December, 2008.
- Sharma, V. (2008). Reducing inequality of freedom of market transactions through Information and Communication Technology led Business Opportunity Development. Human Development and Capability Association (HDCA)Annual Conference New Delhi, organized by Institute for Human Development, New Delhi, Conference Theme: Equality, Inclusion and Human Development, on 10-13 September 2008
- Sharma, V. (2008). Health and entrepreneurship for rural women - A key to sustainable development. 14th Annual International Sustainable Development Research Conference September, organized by the International Sustainable Development Research Society through Management Development Institute, India in collaboration with Corporate Social Responsibility in Asia, ERP Environment, Abo Akademi University, The Finnish Environment Institute and Academy of Finland, on 21-23, 2008, at India Habitat Center New Delhi.
- Sharma, V. (2008). Capability development of customers- A globally viable business strategy for the coming age. International Conference on 'Development Freedom and Welfare' to Celebrate Nobel Laureate Professor Amartya Sen's 75th Birthday, New Delhi, 19-20 December, 2008.
- Sharma, V., Dwivedi, P., & Seth, P. (2008). Effective Public Private Partnership through e-facilitation. In Bhattacharya, J.J. Paper presented at Critical thinking in e-Governance, 6th International Conference on E-Governance ,ICEG 2008, , Organized by IIT Delhi, on 18 - 20 December, 2008, New Delhi, India, Published by Global Institute of Flexible Systems, New Delhi, Edited, pp. 194-206.
- Sharma, V. (2007). Has Globalization really enhanced the Access of Services to the Poor? International Conference organized by the University of the Philippines (UP) and the Network of Asia-Pacific Schools and Institutes of Public Administration and Governance (NAPSIPAG), Manila, on 5-7, December, 2007.
- Sharma, V. (2006). Role of encompassing innovation in the development of human will—A major contributive factor in the social and the human development. Network of Asia-Pacific Schools and Institutes of Public Administration And Governance (NAPSIPAG) Annual Conference 2006, Organized by University of Sydney, Australia, 4-5 December, 2006.
- Sharma, V. (2006). Health care to the rural population in India- A study with special reference to Uttar Pradesh. Doctoral Colloquium at Network of Asia-Pacific Schools and Institutes of Public Administration and Governance (NAPSIPAG) Annual Conference 2006, Organized by University of Sydney, Australia,4-5 December,2006
- Sharma, V. (2005). Innovations in Public Service and rural market development in India to achieve a harmonious society. Innovations in governance and public service to achieve a harmonious society workshop in Network of Asia-Pacific Schools and Institutes of Public Administration and Governance (NAPSIPAG) Annual Conference 2005, Beijing, PRC, 5-7 December 2005.
- Pathak, R.D., Sharma, V., Husain, Z, & Gupta, N. (2004). E-governance for poverty alleviation with special reference to Uttar Pradesh-a state in India. Conference of Network of Asia-Pacific Schools and Institutes of Public Administration and Governance (NAPSIPAG), Organized by National Institute of Public Administration (INTAN) - Kualalumpur, Malaysia, on 6-8 December, 2004.
- Sharma, V. (2005). Enhancing the reach of the health-care with the perspective of affordability for the poor & profitability for the provider a proposition with special reference to Uttar Pradesh- a state in India. Health Care for the Poor in Asia Workshop in Network of Asia-Pacific Schools and Institutes of Public Administration and Governance (NAPSIPAG) Annual Conference Dec, Beijing, PRC.